Part of the challenge for adult figure skaters is that we often have so many other things going on in our lives. For me, these past few weeks have definitely taken their toll: lots of end-of-year meetings, end-of-semester work, family holiday plans. No time to reflect creatively on the past skating year, or to come up with some skating goals for 2015. At least not yet.
Instead, I’m going to do a quick series of blog entries. First are some ideas for skating T-shirt slogans. Next I will reblog the recipe for the pecan pie truffles (no-bake, easy to make, delicious) that were my contribution to our inter-family cookie (and candy) exchange this year. Finally, some poetry and pictures of my friend Janey, who is finally back on the ice!
Skating T-shirt ideas:
- Positioned over the navel (notice that this doesn’t say ‘fragile”):
- “FLATS: wearing out both edges evenly”
- “Because who wants to just watch skating on TV?”
- “Did I just fall down? Did it hurt? Was I able to get up without assistance afterwards?”
- “Not about vanity, it’s for my sanity.”
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” –Arthur Ashe
- “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” –Bruce Lee