2016 was a challenging year. But I have better edges, more flexible ankles, stronger feet, and lots of happy memories of skating with good friends. Here’s some of my favorite posts from the past year.
- January: New blades, patching the ice, and my Zamboni ride at U.S. Nationals
- February: Obsessed about my ankles and feet, and thought that an all-time television low point might have been halftime at Super Bowl 1992. (Boy, was I wrong.)
- March: Awesome friends and painkillers. Life is good.
- April: Loops!
- May: Finally figured out the correct position for my left hip.
- June: More awesome friends, this time in London!
- July: Almost got out of jury duty, awesome skating Jo(e)s.
- August: Refocusing on my feet and ankles.
- September: More ankle and foot obsession, but I did take a moment to notice what folks were wearing.
- October: Hoping for a skating hotline to fix those edges! Luckily, there’s a glorious autumn day outside to keep my spirits up.
- November: A new dance partner and staying on pattern.
- December: Scott and Tessa are back, full force. Be still, my heart.
December 31, 2016 at 9:15 pm
What an amazing year, Jo! I loved seeing your photos from Nationals and London. Looking forward to cheering you on in 2017 and beyond!
December 31, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Yay, 2017! Bring it on!